Year 2. Meridians and acupuncture techniques
- acupuncturist is much more than inserting a needle
The course "Meridians and acupuncture techniques" consists of 5 weekends virtual classes and 5 physical classes.
The virtual classes will focus on:
Does Acupuncture work: evidence based medicine and traditional medicine.
Meridian system and how does meridian system influence the life activities?
Are the meridians detective?
Acupints: points for treatment.
Classification of acupoints, their clinical application and combination.
Basic acupuncture needling techniques.
Advanced needling techniques based on body constitution and pattern of diseases.
Patients contact: individualisation of acupoints locating and needling.
The physical classes will cover the following contents, students will get personal instruction and guidance by the lectures during the practice :
-Acupoints locating on twelve regular meridians;
- Acupoints locating on Extra Meridians (Du & Ren Meridians )
- Needling technique (1): contact of the needles.
- Needling technique (2): hygienic needling.
- Needling technique (3): pain or pain-free?
- Needling technique (4): get familiar with the needles.
- Needling technique (5): minor stimulation makes major impact.
- Needling technique (6): needle-phobia and countermeasures.
- Moxibustion therapy.
- Cupping therapy.
- Auricular acupuncture.
- Scalp acupuncture.
- Patients contact: Cases and mock treatment.